The week goes by so quickly. The class schedule at my new college is concentrated Mon-Thurs, so I have three day weekends. Yay! But that also means I have four really hectic workdays. It is all a blur, they go by so fast. In fact, I'm writing this during "free time" - my students are taking an exam. Just thought I take some time to jot some thoughts on my blog:
- I forgot my watch today. I feel naked and disoriented.
- Car insurance in CA is waaaaaay more expensive than in AZ.
- Facebook is very, very weird.
- I get stranger questions in my astronomy classes here than I did in AZ. I don't know if it's a difference in background, or if my previous students were more shy and didn't pipe up.
- I'm hungry.
- It's that time in the semester where the students are infecting us with their germs. Two lab techs and a faculty member taken down so far. Wish me luck.
- My new students didn't appreciate the Mimas vs. Death Star comparison. I feel old.
- Since work started, I no longer see the sea as often, but there are some new pics at my Picasa space.
Test is done. Back to work!