Today I am not going to do any work, not even open up my work email accounts. Yup, it's my Spring Break, and I think I deserve one totally free day! The week has been both full and fun so far:
- We drove up to Sacramento to celebrate my sister's birthday (a milestone) and my brother's birthday, too.(Travel tip - take Highway 99 instead of Interstate 5. Many more In-N-Outs.)
- Quick detour to Oakland to visit Tim, Heather, and sweet baby River.
- A lovely drive down the Pacific Coast Highway through Big Sur.
- An impromptu St. Patrick's Day party.
- Meals with family and friends.
And that's just Friday thru Tuesday! Much beach-walking has since occurred.
Other random bits:
- Congrats to ASU's men's and women's track teams for winning the NCAA championship. Special congratulations to my former physics student Jacqueline for her third (!) national title.
- My warm feelings towards my former students almost nullifies my rage at receiving a parking citation from ASU this week... you know, the place I haven't been since July? In a state I haven't lived in nor used my car in since July? Sigh.
- Titan may have a sub-surface ocean.
- I mourn the passing of Arthur C. Clarke, the author of the first science fiction I ever read.
- Congrats to David on the Hugo nomination!
- Congrats to my Greg on reaching yet more milestones this week!
- I somehow imagine that test grades would be even better for certain students if they curtailed the mj use. Still, the second round of exams went better than the first round.
- Why am I talking about grading?!?! It's my day off!
Happy Saturday, everyone!