Turning 40 years old isn't so bad. My wonderful Greg took me to see TRON: Legacy in IMAX 3D. Then he took me to Mysterious Galaxy, where I pointed at books and he purchased them for me. I also received some Star Wars bakeware from family members and the Jedi bathrobe! Basically, I spent my 40th birthday enjoying geeky things and feeling loved by friends and family, and it was great! I know that 40 is a milestone year, and I'm looking forward to the decade ahead. Thanks for your well-wishes and your friendship!
Sunday, December 19, 2010
- Read that a former student died in freak accident.
- Coped with student reactions to fellow college student being murdered by her estranged husband in the room next to my office.
- Offered new astronomy lab course.
- Sweltered while college A/C was out during the hottest week of the year.
- Shivered while college heating system was out during coldest week of the year.
- Facilitated design process for new science building.
- Learned from students that Al Gore invented global warming to make money off of green technology.
- Fielded waaaaaay too many questions about 2012.
- Exploded many brains while teaching cosmology.
- Informed that I will be recommended for tenure effective in the Fall.
- Described as "absolutely adorable" on Rate My Professor