Sunday, January 02, 2011

Looking ahead

I hope y'all have been having a lovely 2011 so far. The holidays have been leisurely and mellow here, which is how we like it. The rain has returned, so nesting at home has been encouraged.

So many people make resolutions at this time of year, but I prefer to call them "goals". Here are mine for this year:

  • Continue to read books at a minimum of a book per week. (I'll post my yearly book review in the next day or so.)
  • Allow myself some "me" time by doing my best to NOT work on Saturdays, with the exception of responding to student emails.
  • Focus on living healthier by cooking more at home, with the following specific cooking goals
    • Prepare interesting weekend breakfasts
    • Cook enough on the weekends to provide leftovers during the week
    • Learn how to make nasi kuning and rendang
    • Cook with fresh ginger
    • Develop more satisfying vegetarian meals
  • Exercising more, especially enjoying the lovely climate here in San Diego
  • Take more photos

Alright, when I started this blog entry I thought the list of goals would be shorter! I wish all of us a happy and healthy 2011!

No comments: