Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bits and Pieces

I haven't written for awhile, so it's time to catch up:

  • My talk for Math Club went quite well. Over 50 people showed up on a Friday afternoon!
  • We have discovered a tasty bakery in Tempe - Pleaissant Croissants. They only make plain and stuffed croissants, no other pastries, but let's just say that they do one thing very, very well. Mmm...
  • A former student was shot two weeks ago. He's going to be alright, but still...
  • Along with my cake craving, I have developed a cookie craving. Luckily we found another bakery last night - La Grande Orange Grocery. I had an MJ cookie - a double-chocolate cookie the size of my head. Mmm... the pizza is great, too.
  • I spent most of this past Friday in an incredibly dull meeting. I don't feel like I've woken up since.
  • Bought the latest Tamora Pierce book today. Yay! I'll start reading it when I finish the latest MT Anderson, which is a well-written, disturbing, not very "young adult" novel.

Yup. That's my life currently. Must go prepare for class tomorrow. Carry on.

1 comment:

Dr. Lisa said...

I shall start gathering a wardrobe of black clothes, writing mournful song lyrics, and plinking notes on guitar strings in preparation.