Monday, September 03, 2007

A Few Musings

  • San Diego has two alternative radio stations. They both play a lot of Nine Inch Nails. Happy, happy...
  • The NPR station, however, sucks.
  • I've heard criticism of San Diego's food scene, but we're dining quite well.
  • I miss Four Peaks, though - at the end of my first week of work, I really wanted to celebrate there.
  • I should have done more work the past few days, but I'm a member of a union... working on Labor Day would have violated its spirit, right? Sigh.
  • This weekend makes me glad we picked an apartment with an A/C.
  • I just finished reading The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, andThe King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. Read them. They were excellent.
  • It's bizarre living in such a touristy area. We peeked out at the beach this morning after breakfast (yummy Belgian waffles) and decided to not brave the hordes, but rather return later. We have the option to return later! Every day is a day at the beach. ;)
  • As a corollary, despite judicious usage of suncreen, I have the worst farmer tan ever.

2 comments:

Sarah Prineas said...

Yay for Megan Whelan Turner! She's brilliant. But bad news: take a look at the copyright dates on the books: she writes so damn slowly!! Another 3-4 years wait for the next book, alas. She and I have the same publisher (different imprint, but apparently they all work together anyway) and, like, the first thing I'm going to ask when I go out there is WHEN is MWT's next book coming out!?

Like Greg, I want more Eddis in the next book.

Curses on those Zonie tourists!

Dr. Lisa said...

More Eddis, and what happened to Sophos? I wanna know now! Just great characters. I know that the next book I pick up will be a let-down and it won't be that author's fault.