Sunday, September 02, 2007

First Month

We've now spent a full month in our new home. I've started my new job. I still feel somewhat out of place - not quite settled in the apartment, not quite settled in the office. The new students are good, though - eager, respectful, hard-working, responsive... I like them quite a bit so far. I don't know that they'll see the best of me this semester, as I figure out all the ins and outs of the new workplace. I'll try my best, though.

I continue to enjoy the beachy vibe. We've spent part of every day by the water. I guess that's what happens when you spend over a decade in the desert - you learn to treasure water. I especially like wading in the ocean. During my time at UCLA I was too busy to spend much time at the beach; I can only recall a handful of visits. I think I'm making up for it now. Not that I'm not busy, but I am scheduling in beach time. Very important.

I hope y'all are having a great holiday weekend!

4 comments:

Sarah Prineas said...

A lovely weekend, thanks!

And I hope the process of settling in is a smooth one!

Dr. Lisa said...

Yay for lovely weekends! I have sand in my shoes. ;)

More settling in occurred this afternoon. I can see more of our books now, which soothes me.

Pat. said...

There's nothing quite like San Diego beach wading in the fall!!!

Dr. Lisa said...

Yeah, it ain't so bad, I'll admit. ;)