Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Scents

I'm in a lab room near some chemistry labs, and one of the chem labs is performing a stinky experiment. Blah!

One of the geology classes brought back a bunch of halite samples from a field trip, lending a rather sulfurous aroma to the stockroom. The samples sure are pretty, though.

One of my students asked me the name of my perfume. He says he can always tell when I'm around due to my scent. I'm hoping it's at least a good scent.

During the physics exam I gave yesterday, one of my students was sniffing her wristband. She said it had a nice associative scent - reminded her of Christmas - to keep her positive during the exam.

Bread and chocolate chip cookies. Cinnamon and nutmeg. Mmm...

2 comments:

David Moles said...

My high school once had to be evacuated because it turned out that formaldehyde hadn’t done a very good job of preserving the three-foot shark one of the biology classes was supposed to dissect.

Dr. Lisa said...

Ew, gross!

Bacon...I forgot about the beautiful smell of bacon....