Sunday, February 03, 2008

Decisions

It's Super Bowl Sunday, and I have a decision to make. It's already the saddest day of the year, with it marking the end of football season. I'm prepared for the game - snacks are in place, much of the weekend's work is done. But I haven't decided who I'm rooting for yet. Do I root for the Patriots, to witness history? Do I root for the Giants, to witness another sort of history, one with a twist? Let's face it, the Patriots have been annoying in their smugness and allegations of cheating. But I have no love for the Giants, a playoff nemesis of my 49ers from the 80s/90s. Perhaps I shall merely root for the game to be a good one and start my countdown to next season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Root for the ball!

Go, noble pigskin! Defeat all your costumed enemies this fine day! Fly and be free!

Dr. Lisa said...

Ha ha ha! Thanks for solving my dilemma!