Ah,summer break. I've been trying to develop an adequate balance of productivity and relaxation. So far, that's involved:
- Reading Terry Pratchett's Nation, which is a wonderful, inspiring book.
- Doing laundry.
- Paying bills.
- Whipping up a decadent macaroni and cheese.
- Wandering around La Jolla.
- Doing a survey of physics requirements at local four-year institutions.
- Finishing up a story as part of my plan to write three stories this year.
- Attempting to calculate the maximum vibrations for an astronomy observing platform on the new building. (Hints, anybody? Please?)
- Sending pleas to my legislators about the proposed cuts to California state parks (closing 80%!) and blows to higher education. One proposal cuts the Cal Grant program completely. Another proposes raising community college fees 300%!
- Finding ways to calm down about the previous bullet point.
My goal for tomorrow: to not sleep as late as I did today. It's all about balance, right?