Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Definitely Summer

The beginning of the week was quite productive, with finding an apartment in San Diego and dealing with some of the paperwork for the new job. Hopefully the rest of the week will see packing and cleaning and more progress towards the move. But before dealing with that, we had a lovely Fourth of July - banana walnut pancakes, Live Free or Die Hard, buffalo burgers courtesy of Greg, and a hot fudge sundae. Just a glorious summer day. That is, after Greg made me drink water and supplied me with cold compresses because it was 116 degrees today! In all our years here, I never acclimated to the summers, and don't dare say "at least it's a dry heat" to me. San Diego is sounding better and better. ;)

4 comments:

Sarah Prineas said...

Ah, that's what I thought when I saw the title of the post: How hot did it get!?

Good luck with the moving stuff. Think of the ocean, I guess...

Dr. Lisa said...

It was 116 yesterday and is expected to be 114 degrees today. I will be thinking of the ocean a LOT. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey teach, this is your favorite student(Frank Camp). lol. Just wanted to say hi from penn. The humidity is horrific, although it has been raining a lot, so most of the past couple weeks have been chilly(chilly for an arizonan: 55-65 degrees). But when it gets hot, holy crap. Being perpetually damp sucks. So, what up?

Dr. Lisa said...

Hi, Frank! I don't have much sympathy for your plight in Penn, as it is over 110 here again today. ;)

I've been cleaning and packing frantically to prepare for the move to San Diego. Only a few weeks left! I don't know how it's going to all get done.

Keep in touch!