Saturday, May 23, 2009

Eventful

This was quite a week! I attended two Nine Inch Nails concerts - one with Greg and the other up in Irvine with Aaron. There is reason to believe that this is the last tour, and thus these were my last NIN concerts. That thought makes me as sad as I was when Calvin and Hobbes ended.

From Spring2009

Last night was graduation, which made me weepy as always. Youngest graduate = 18. Oldest graduate = 68. Several countries were represented, and so were many without homes. I know at least one student who graduated never went to high school, and yet he now has a college degree. Community colleges really serve as a great opportunity for people who might otherwise fall through the cracks, and I'm proud to be a part of such an institution.

And then, of course, it was the Week of the Book. We caught glimpses of the book in the wild:

From NorseCode

And today there was a book-signing at Mysterious Galaxy:

From NorseCode

Then we finished off the day with celebratory ice cream! Whew! Hope you've all had as good a week!

2 comments:

Dr. Cark said...

Hope the rest of your summer vacation is this good!

Dr. Lisa said...

Thanks, dude! Look forward to seeing you next month!